Teen Counseling (Adolescence)
We provide counseling and coaching for adolescents (ages 12-19) through our adolescent services. We value your independence and we know you have a lot of responsibilities. With the ever-growing demands of school and family, life is changing constantly, and adapting can be challenging. Especially, when you feel like you have no say and no control. The good news is, we hear you. We not only hear you, but we believe you. Your relationships are an important part of who you are and how you identify who you are to others. It is important that they are healthy.
Here are some common reasons to seek professional help:
- Feeling out of control.
- I don’t know who my close friends are.
- Why am I overwhelmed?
- Not comfortable or not feeling safe at school.
- Finding life balance when you have to take care of siblings
- Why doesn’t anybody seem to like me?
- Why am I sad when I look at social media?
- Confidently communicate with adults
- Fears and anxieties about how other people see you
- Shaming or bullying
With counseling You Can:
- Get help with increasing confidence even when you feel like no-one hears you.
- Learn how to adapt to your environment and to thrive under any circumstance.
- Reduce your fears surrounding socializing with your peers in person or online
- Grow your self-esteem by understanding how relationships really work and stop negative self-talk.
Parent or Guardian of an Adolescent:
If your adolescent is experiencing difficulty at home, work or school check in with them.
Our services are aimed at supporting the adolescent and identifying relational patterns and behaviors that can be addressed individually and as a family. We encourage family involvement at every stage of treatment. Assessment and diagnostic services are available. We can also provide specialized progress reports that protect the privacy of the adolescent but address any questions you or someone else on their treatment team might have about treatment progress.